Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shitala

Ok, so this post is ridiculously long over-due, but I have to hook up a spot on the blog that sheds light on the pure genius sounds of...Shitala. Created by SF b-boy Arjuna Sayed (AKA DJ Smokestack), this compilation of "Indian Disco Funk Thrillers" is a thumping blend of the best of the best when it comes to Bollywood funk and break beats. DJ Smokestack raked through hundreds of rare (and sometimes dookey-covered) vinyl records on his trip to India a while back, choosing only the dopest stuff for Shitala...and man am I glad he did. This cd never gets old and needless to say I almost passed out at the record store when I saw the sick ass cover. Trust me guys, buy it NOW thank me LATER!! Check out the full story at http://waxpoetics.com/content/?article=India.

No comments:

Post a Comment